View Single Post
Old December 29, 2013, 01:34 PM   #6
Sevens

Depending on the load you happen to be crafting and the crimp you are imparting and most obviously the bullet in question... There is a chance you could accidentally get them mixed in with your .357 brass supply and run them through your entire process and load them and you might never notice it.

You could even shoot them and you might not notice it. Which would never really be an issue until/unless you accidentally chamber them in a .38 Special revolver, and then you could see a real problem.

"Oh, I'd never do that!" Sure. But your brother might, if he's digging out of your ammo box on a range day. Or maybe someone in your family going through your old stuff after you kick off.

How many pieces of brass are we talking about here? The smart move may be to crush 'em like GP100man man suggested. It becomes a simple risk-reward scenario here. If it's 20-50 pieces, get rid of 'em and go on in life. If it's a couple hundred, you could take some kind of a tool to the headstamp and wipe clean the ".357 Mag" that is marked there and use 'em as .38 Special brass.

Page generated in 0.02287 seconds with 8 queries