Thread: What the hell?
View Single Post
Old August 18, 2013, 09:13 PM   #3
skoal3

I realize that accuracy makes no difference if it won't go bang and that is gonna make me just a little irritated if I have an animal in the crosshairs and all I get is a click. I was wondering about exactly what you said though, case size, maybe the rim is a little narrow or the neck a slightly steeper angle, possibly allowing the whole round to move forward a little when the firing pin strikes it. If that is the case though it doesn't go far, every round has been pulled out by the extractor. I guess the extractor could be out of spec., I'm not sure what to think and I know there is a lot of smart people on here so hopefully I can get a tip or two. One of my neighbors happens to be a retired gunsmith so I need to get over there and let him take a look at it. Oh and also, no I have not done anything to the gun, well nothing major. After the first couple misfires I took the bolt apart, cleaned it and polished all the blueing off the firing pin, I realize that will probably be enough for Thompson to void the warranty which is fine with me ,new bolts are cheap enough and I might order one just to hopefully fix the problem but I haven't done anything to cause this. I started having problems before I started fiddling.

Last edited by skoal3; August 18, 2013 at 10:48 PM.

Page generated in 0.03543 seconds with 8 queries