View Single Post
Old May 13, 2012, 08:43 PM   #17
10-96

Ravarner- There's a couple possibilities that could be the culprit here. My first question is: Has the pistol been dry fired very much? This can damage/deform the firing pin which will keep it from sliding back and forth as it should and possibly leading to your runaway. See about a new firing pin.

Also, if it has burred the edge of the chamber from firing pin strikes- that will cause feeding problems. Chamber irons can be bought to remove the burr or pucker and put the chamber mouth back into round.

Maybe try a new magazine if one is available- but check on those other issues first as they can make you think you have bad mag lips.

Now, just in the off-chance you don't know... Do not use the slide catch to release the slide. Pull it back and release like a slingshot. Also don't ride the slide forward- that may not give you a clear picture of what's going on in the feeding process. Also, do not dry fire that or any rimfire unless you have it in writing from the manufacturer or owners manual that says it's OK. And lastly, I know this is a resurrected thread, but don't even try what was said in Post #2!

I suspect a thing or two... because I've seen a thing or two.

Page generated in 0.02814 seconds with 8 queries