View Single Post
Old October 6, 2008, 11:12 PM   #1
IZinterrogator

The bailout bill and the Fourth Amendment

Does anyone else here feel uncomfortable about the idea of the government owning thousands of homes? Everytime I think about it, the sign I drive by every morning on my way into work comes to mind, which states that my right to refuse consent to search of my property ends at the fenceline of the Army fort I work at. Am I the only one who worries about the government arguing their right as the actual "homeowner" trumps our rights to be free of interference in our places of residence? Is there any current case law that protects us from having the BATF conducting a search for illegal weapons or the DEA from looking for illegal drugs with no probable cause since the "homeowner" authorized the search?
"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!” - Samuel Adams

Page generated in 0.02423 seconds with 8 queries