View Single Post
Old October 3, 2007, 05:21 AM   #22
threegun

Someone said that speed is overrated??? In reality the speed with which you put lead into your target translates into safety for yourself. Learning to be fast, consistent, and combat accurate is a definite bonus and should never be considered overrated.

For me I try to shoot as fast as I can consistently hit the 6 inch spread mark in center mass. If my groups are to tight I speed up or to big I slow down.

For the draw from holster just start slow making sure to get a proper grip. Practice and the speed and CONSISTENCY will come in time. From concealment it is harder but the key here is to use situational awareness to give yourself advance warning so that you can access the gun instantly. I use a fanny pack and can gain access real fast when surprised but that second or so will feel like an hour while behind in the reactionary curve. If I have done my job with awareness I can discretely access my gun and be ready to deploy it instantly.

Speed is a valuable commodity in a gunfight no matter what some folks might suggest.

Page generated in 0.02274 seconds with 8 queries