View Single Post
Old March 17, 2005, 01:02 PM   #25
Colonel Klink

I want to expand on what XBreath said. After everyone has signed in and paid to use the range you and your mother hang back and say to the range master, "My mother and I are shooting for the first time. We want to make sure we don't do anything dangerous or stupid so please tell us what you want us to know. Also please keep an eye on us as we would apreciate any suggestions to make this more fun." Or words to that effect.

Most of us guys don't want to admit we don't know something, especially around guns. I am a NRA certified instructor in Rifle, Pistol and Refuse to be a Victum so I have learned to listen.

Shooting: Sight Picture, Breath Control and Trigger Squeeze.

Sight picture - Front sight in the middle of the rear sight with the top of each the same height. Focus on the front sight so the rear sight and the target are out of focus. Hold as steady as possible while squeezing the trigger.

Breath Control - Take a deep breath. Let out 40 to 60 percent and hold while squeezing the trigger.

Trigger Squeeze - You want the gun firing to surprise you. If you pull the trigger so that you know when it will fire YOU WILL flinch! Do not attempt to fire the shot when the front sight is exactly where you want it. Let the front sight move while slowly and smoothly squeezing the trigger.

I once lived in North Hills. Have fun and follow the range and safety rules.

Page generated in 0.02089 seconds with 8 queries