View Single Post
Old February 8, 2014, 09:01 AM   #14
AK103K

I posted this here awhile back and Im just to lazy to rehash.

Quote:
My dad picked up an old Krag off a boy we were staying with hunting one year. He paid $10 for it. It had been sitting behind a door in the kitchen for years, and wasnt the prettiest. Barrel had been cut to carbine length, an 03 type front sight added, along with a Lyman type receiver peep, which sits where the mag cutoff was, which is missing. The original rear sight was removed and the holes filled. The stock had been cut down at both ends, apparently for a kid, and then repaired later on. Bluing was still there, but with a lot of light rust.

I found a decent cut down stock on EBay for $30, along with another that wasnt as nice, but had the metal the other was missing, that was another $30 or so, but I put it back on EBay and got it right back. Got a nice front band and sling swivel on there too for $15.

It looks like this now......

This was the first 10 rounds through the gun trying it out, offhand at 25 yards.

Its a good shooter, and pleasant to shoot, which wasnt something I remember shooting my first as a kid.

The first rifle I ever bought with my own money, was a "real" Krag Carbine (ring and all) I got off a kid I went to school with who lived down the road back in the 60's. I paid $15 for it along with two boxes of shells. It was in real nice shape (still is too). I gave it to my youngest brother when he turned 12. He still has it and wont give it up.

Page generated in 0.02422 seconds with 8 queries