View Single Post
Old November 20, 2013, 08:58 PM   #6
Dreaming100Straight

Soilwork: My gun came with the same magazine spring as the police and it should be good to go. Wolf makes a good spring and I replaced the standard spring I had ,for when I run the long barrel sans magazine extension, with a Wolf. I would upgrade the dog carrier spring but am waiting to see if anyone elaborates on some comments on previous posts not to do it unless you have a problem. I gave the trigger group a good cleaning but your suggestion to deep clean is one I will follow. I pretty much have my mind made up to replace the MIM extractor. If I change one thing it is that extractor.

Semi-Problomatoc: Thanks for the suggestions. No need to look up links to that discussions about the potential problem with AD and jumbo safeties. I am not a great fan of them in the first place and if I was the only person with access to it I would go with Zipp13's suggestion, but I am not. Consequently I will keep a safety and even if it isn't perfect, I think I will go with a Jumbo.

It has been quite a while shot it rapid fire. I don't know but will the same problems show themselves if I simply depress the magazine latch (whatever it is called) and rapidly empty the magazine without firing?

I am familiar with the issue of binding when trying to load the extended magazine. I don't know if mine finally wore in after about a thousand rounds or I have gotten better at the popping technique for assembling the extension tot he tube. Regardless, I briefly looked into some of the metal followers and may do that. I can see how they would facilitate a smoother running gun overall, but do they do anything to alleviate the problem with loading extended magazine tubes?

Thanks to everyone.

Page generated in 0.02401 seconds with 8 queries