View Single Post
Old July 25, 2012, 07:21 AM   #11
mrbentley57

My mbliss | Jul 25, 2012 | 8:15am

As a Christian I am really set back that Gun Control comes up as a problem we as Christians are causing or thwarting.
Gun Control is a 2nd amendment right and a political / constitutional issue. It has nothing to do with Christ.
My belief in my right to keep and bear arms comes straight from the framers of the Constitution and I believe that it isn’t just an individual right but also a right that was meant to keep in check evil and tyranny in the upper reaches of government. The framer’s reasons are not outdated.
This assault rifle thing is a smoke screen to continue down the path of taking away guns from the common people. (The shooter in Colorado allegedly used a shotgun, more than one handgun, an ar15 style rifle, incendiary bombs and a booby trapped house) So why is this an issue about assault weapons at all? I also believe that the bible teaches that evil exists and cannot be controlled by laws. But I really see that the world works this way.. it’s not something I just read a blindly follow. It’s a spiritual issue not a legislative one. I agree with the above post that is guns are removed from the hands of Americans the destruction from violent acts will increase in intensity of destruction due to the ignition source. Namely Molotov cocktails, homemade bombs, black market bombs, dirty bombs and finally the illegal weapons that evil people will procure anyway. You can not legislate evil away.

Page generated in 0.03547 seconds with 8 queries