View Single Post
Old April 26, 2010, 07:37 AM   #30
Skans

Seems to me that if you have a good moral compass, you will know when and when not to shoot someone in self defense or defense of others. Regardless of what the law says, I'd venture to say that most folks who carry guns really don't want to live with the doubt that they shot an innocent person, or even someone who was being a jerk but not presenting an immediate life-threatening danger.

The tough part for most folks is going to be pulling that trigger quick enough if they are faced with an immediate life-threatening situation. Since firing a gun is really a last-resort solution (as opposed to walking, running, or driving away from a potential attacker), the crap's probbaly hit the fan and your moral compass is more likely to get in your way and cause a person to freeze up under that kind of pressure. Good training really helps keep that moral compass in check so that if the situation presents, you can do what must be done.

It's good to know what the law in each state you might be carrying says. Still, I have it in my mind as to when I'd shoot and when I wouldn't which doesn't exactly mirror the law, but I believe is within the bounds of the law.

Page generated in 0.04018 seconds with 8 queries