View Single Post
Old October 22, 2000, 05:57 PM   #7
Al Mondroca

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jeff Thomas:
Carrying a concealed firearm, and not shooting it at the range leaves you with some protection no matter what. I think most range masters understand this (without discussing it) ... as long as it remains in your pants, so to speak.

Remember the famous April 1986 FBI shootout in Miami? (see http://www.firearmstactical.com/briefs7.htm ) The BG's got their firearms by attacking citizens who were plinking out in the Everglades. That fact impressed me a great deal. I don't plink alone in the desert, and I make sure that whoever I'm with understands we have to be in condition yellow at all times. Knock on wood.
[/quote]

Yep. My shooting buddies (who really got me into owning and shooting guns) were mightily impressed by the reports that FBI shoot-out and the habits of the bad guys. Ever since, they've always made a practice of making sure that at least one person in the group always had a fully loaded weapon on him while the group was at a range/forest shooting site.

Page generated in 0.02720 seconds with 8 queries