View Single Post
Old May 28, 2009, 02:40 PM   #11
USAFNoDak

Chemgirlie posted:
Quote:
There was a police captain from Milwaukee who was on the Brady side. He emphasized that he had been with the PD for 30 years. He then went on to say that he didn't know how to remove the firing pin from his Glock, and that disassembling it was so complicated that one would need special training to do so, hence regular criminals wold never be able to figure out how to remove a firing pin.

After him the quality assurance manger for a company (I forget which one) took a Glock (with the permission of the capital police officers) and removed the firing pin in about 30 seconds.

I did a short spiel and showed the committee the firing pin that I had removed from my .45 this morning using an old Bic pen. I emphasized that I am not mechanically inclined and don't have any experience in law enforcement, but even common me could remove a firing pin easily.
I guess you and the quality assurance manager are not "regular" criminals, but "special" ones. After all, how could anyone be smarter than a police captain who has been behind a desk, er, I mean, on the force for over 30 years. You'd have to be special to be smarter than he is.
"If you love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." Samuel Adams.

Page generated in 0.03880 seconds with 8 queries