View Single Post
Old November 1, 2005, 09:53 PM   #1
Kiehlroy

Cartridge conversion advice

Hi guys, I need some advice as to which converter would be best for me and my new Pietta 1858 Remmie from Cabelas. I really don't want to have to send it across country to have it fitted. I do know of a smith in my area if it needs a little tuning but it is a new Pietta so I hope they're more standardized these days. Now, I've looked at the Kirst converters and it seems that they have a few options. Of course there is the 5 shot safety cylinder, but they also have a six shot converter for sale at River Junction Trade Co. but it says: "Standard .45 ammunition will not fit the .44 six shot converter" River Juntion does offer a: ".44 Remington 248 Gr. Cartridge with Heeled Bullet Outside Lubricated Smokeless". Now is the reason this converter is .44 and not .45 because it is straight bored and needed the extra room? Or is it angled like the R&D converter? Is angled all that bad? The most important thing to me is that the converter does not loosen up my gun too badly with moderate usage. And that it preforms well on the range. It seems that all options are around $250 so price is not an issue. Thanks for any help guys,

Micah

Page generated in 0.03216 seconds with 8 queries