View Single Post
Old October 15, 2012, 11:35 AM   #31
sigcurious

Quote:
Did I once mention asinine laws such as a limit on round capacity, the right to effectively carry your firearm anywhere except state institutions, the right to use hollow-points, a ban on "assault weapons"...? No. My apparently half-assed proposals are all targeting NEW gun purchases.

Read a few posts back bout how very EASY it is to tell when they run background checks to know whether you have already made a purchase or not! Serials get logged into a state police database.

Yes, I think waiting periods for NBEW gun owners should be enforced for a cooling off period. Just my $.02
So now there's automatic registration too? Now you've added another cost too, it takes money to maintain a database of registered firearms. Are the general tax payers paying for this? Is there a new registration fee tacked onto transfers?

For that to work, you have to register and regulate ALL firearms transfers and imports. That means inheritances, private party and new residents. On top of which now you have to get this information out to all the previous gun owners and new residents so they can come in and register to be legal, lest they be considered "new" gun buyers next time they try to purchase a gun.

BTW...California requires handgun registration for new residents, and private party transfers have to be done at a FFL and are subject to the same 10 day wait.

You didn't mention those other specifics, but you mentioned about half of the highlights of California's gun laws in your "very minimal" regulation. For the record, you can own ARs and AKs etc, you can own "parts kits" of normal capacity magazines, you can use hollow points(one of the few things they don't attempt to regulate).

So again...sounds like what you propose is already in action...but when it's in action...you disagree with it?

Page generated in 0.03456 seconds with 8 queries