View Single Post
Old January 10, 2011, 08:31 PM   #24
Shane Tuttle
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ticonderoga
Really? The safety is too difficult to engage?
Where has Gunplummer stated this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ticonderoga
Not a "good" deer gun? Sure, when compared to my Rem 700 in .308, it is an old "tired" gun, with a heavy and trigger pull and a "HEAVY" safety. But, compared to a .243 it has more stopping power, it certainly is better medicine for a deer than a handgun, a .223 or a muzzle loader yet a lot hunt deer with those.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamashooter
you rarely have to dig through a pile to find a good mosin.
I don't think we're talking about digging through piles of Mosins like finding a DVD in the clearance table at Walmart. However, with the exception of Remington 870s, every time I pilfer through the selection of Mosins at gun stores it's a chore to find one that's actually worth buying. Yes, they're cheap. Yes, I can find one with a "that'll do 'er" label. But the sheer number available and price has me "looking through the pile". It's both common to find accurate and not-so-accurate ones out there (in terms of my definition of "accurate" anyway).

For the record, I think Mosins are one heckuva rifle. The cartridge has been around forever and a day for a reason. But they're far from being the end-all be-all with no drawbacks to the design.

Posting and YOU: http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting

Page generated in 0.03125 seconds with 8 queries