View Single Post
Old November 30, 2013, 09:49 AM   #20
SteelChickenShooter

Yeah I picked up on that one too but didn't say anything. But now that it's been brought up, inside a paper plate @100 doesn't sound like a good shooter to me. My second shot hits the same hole and a couple more shots makes a clover leaf. Using a Leupold Ulti ( Ultimate ) Slam scope and 20ga SST's. However, I'm dialing in off a solid rest and I have a clearly marked target. I place a cross on white with 1/2 wide black tape that gives me outstanding reference marks to align myself with down range. In fairness to the OP, and so as not to insult his gun or ability, it could be he is just taking a quick aim at the plate and calling it good enough. My goal is 200 yards, so that is why a plate size group @ 100 wouldn't cut it for me. My very first H&R Ultra slug hunter did kiss the same hole at 100 yards using SST's. That is why I expected the second one to go out to 200 since it was a really nice setup having the thumbhole stock and longer barrel. That thing splattered holes haphazardly all around the target. What a shocking unexpected surprise. The bolt action Savage 220 sure fixed that. That second H&R I gave away to a relative. And yes it did pretty well shooting full size Remington slugs inside 100yards. And he did take a deer with it. It just wasn't getting me where I wanted to be.

Page generated in 0.03032 seconds with 8 queries