View Single Post
Old October 8, 2013, 06:49 PM   #23
Metal god

Quote:
Are you loading one at a time, or the entire mag?
I have a 4 rd mag

When shooting 4 shot strings I load the mag full . When shooting 10 shot strings I load 4rd , 3rd , 3rd .

Your not the first person to talk about bullet set back . I had it suggested as a possible problem for this and my first shot lower velocity issues . I have not ruled it out because I have not measured the bullets in the mag after a few shots . I plan to do that next time out . I want to measure that very thing on some hunting loads I'm working on ( for a different rifle ) that I don't want to crimp . That means I'll have my comparator with me to check bullet set back on all my loads . I meant to take it last time but forgot it .

The only reason I'm really giving bullet set back any thought is I just switched to a FL neck bushing die and I now have less neck tension then I used to . Before IMO I had enough neck tension to shot out of a AR10 and alike . Now just enough to where I can't push the bullet into the case by hand . Meaning I place the tip of the bullet against my bench and push on the case rather hard . If the bullet moves I went down a bushing until I could not force the bullet deeper by hand .

I almost always write my posts regardless of content in a jovial manor and intent . If that's not how you took it , please try again .

Page generated in 0.05530 seconds with 8 queries