View Single Post
Old February 9, 2013, 06:01 AM   #51
AirForce2

mag release stiff

I got rid of this gun after a few years but sent back to springfield and they fixed it ejects a full 16 rd mag fairly normal. I have since bought another 5.25 inch comp model .40 and this one was super hard to eject a full mag but not impossible like my first one and also excess to slam a full mag into place so I decided to fix the problem myself this time. I removed the mag catch and cut a slightly angled edge to it and reinstalled and also removed about 1/8 inch of the follow in case the compressed mag spring was stacking to tight and both are better now, but the recut of the slide catch was the biggest gain which is what the factory had to do on my last one.

It's the angle of attach that the mag catch has that is the issue and some are worse than others and with so much pressure from an undersized/overstacked magazine when full and the bad angle is what caused some mags to be near impossible to eject. This new gun was as bad but still unacceptable to have to use 2 thumbs. I like figuring some things out but dang I hate when the company knows of the issue and with a slight tweek on manf equip could fix it so I don't have to have the quirks.

Page generated in 0.03081 seconds with 8 queries