View Single Post
Old August 12, 2009, 05:32 PM   #91
hogdogs
Staff In Memoriam

http://www.nytimes.com/1994/11/10/us...r-s-guilt.html
Quote:
Out by the noisy sawmill, the trailer parks, the taxidermist and the scrubby bait shops where Bobby Crabtree lives, there is very little mystery why he shot the daughter he doted on early Sunday morning.

And the idea of blaming Mr. Crabtree for what happened when his high-spirited 14-year-old, Matilda Kaye, decided to play a practical joke on him, is far removed from the minds of most. He might have acted a little hastily, some say tentatively. But there are more people who not only sympathize with the 53-year-old ice-company driver but see themselves doing the same thing. It all came down to a matter of seconds, when Matilda jumped out of a closet and shouted, "Boo!" as her parents came home after midnight.
This is the horrific possibility all of us parents must face and is the single case that made me more resolute about target acquisition... My son was a few months shy of 5 when this occurred and being fruit of my loins... he was already showing signs of making stupid childish mistakes in seeking a laugh from folks...
Brent

Page generated in 0.03039 seconds with 8 queries