View Single Post
Old June 13, 2008, 02:38 PM   #5
Rich Miranda

jrmichael, I am no tactical expert and I won't critique your response to the situation. I'm just glad you're safe.

I will venture to say that the fact that you live in a nice, low-crime area (as do I) probably causes you to feel 'safe', and therefore be less prepared. One thing we all have to realize is that we are never truly safe. And it's a scary thing when we realize that.

I would suggest that you take the time to re-evaluate your home security. Here are some ideas. Others will add others, I'm sure.

- Install a / Use your alarm system.

- Install motion lights outside.

- Make sure entry doors are steel or steel-covered to reduce ease of kick-in.

- Re-think your gun selection. As a carry piece, the LCP is great. But, if you're home, consider having access to a larger caliber weapon.

- Make your neighbors aware of what happened. It would be very bad if the lady down the street was successfully attacked because she didn't know this was going on.

Anywho, I'm glad you're OK and will thank the Lord for same.

Page generated in 0.02159 seconds with 8 queries