Thread: ROE's for CCW
View Single Post
Old July 26, 2006, 06:31 PM   #1
silicon wolverine

ROE's for CCW

I searched around and havent found a "definative" list of rules of engagement for CCW use. Ill list my own personal ones and you can critque them as you will. I live in South Dakota BTW your laws may differ.

1. Any active shooter (activly engaged in shooting at other persons) should be engaged by any means nessecasry to stop them.

2. Any one brandishing a weapon in a threatening way (pointing at other persons, making shooting getsures, speaking of shooting others) should be called to cease threats and get on the ground and if threating behavior continues, engaged.

3. any persons claiming to have a weapon that is not visible should be called to cease and get on the ground until claim of weapon is confirmed/denied and engaged appropriatly.

4. Any person using another person as a hostage should be engaged IF, AND ONLY IF, they can be engaged without harm to the hostage.

these pretty much cover anyhting i can think of ever needing to use my CCW pistol for. Keep in mind these only apply if there is no other law enfocement available or until they arrive. I dont subscribe to the "give them you money and they wont hurt you" thoery. If they have a gun in hand they have mailce in thier mind. Opinions welcomed.

SW

Page generated in 0.02520 seconds with 8 queries