View Single Post
Old January 5, 2016, 12:18 PM   #32
jdc606

I sold off my Dad's firearm collection (around 50 shotguns/rifles) using online auction sites Gunbroker and Auctionarms. We got 5x the amount of money Cabela's offered. If you really want to sell the guns, best is to start with $0 bid and no reserve. List a fixed shipping price. I used $40 but the local FFL would have handled the packaging/shipping for $50. Would have been easier using the FFL but I didn't feel comfortable trusting my reputation to another's packaging.

There are so many firearms for sale that your listing will be buried many pages back in a short time. The main thing that grabs a buyer's eye is an item with bids on it. The way to get bids is start at $0. There are millions of buyers that will determine the actual value of your firearm. No one will let a $1000 firearm get by for $.01. It can get scary for the seller but if you must sell, the online auctions have proven to work best for us.
If I knew back in 1970 what I know today, I would have bought Microsoft stock and all the military surplus rifles I could get my hands on.

Page generated in 0.02194 seconds with 8 queries