Thread: Avoidance cues
View Single Post
Old January 27, 2019, 04:31 PM   #29
briandg

This entire thing can also be compared to driving. pay attention, see who is behind you or in your blind spot, watch for stupid, impaired, or angry drivers. just observe, your brain is MARVELOUS. it thinks better than you do. it may pick up cues, you will call them intuitions. unless you are really in a battlezone, just observe, discreetly. keep the eyes roving without making eye contact, pretend that you are looking at the price of charmin.

Keep a quiet, gray, neutral expression as you scan. Don't draw attention.

We live in a city full of weirdos. When I see a really off the hinges guy who has implanted goat horns into his head, I tell my wife to look at something nearby and let her see it without looking straight at him. It took years of saying "oh for the love of god, look near him, not straight at him!"

Regarding the magnificent powers of the brain. I've always been forgetful. Memory has been kind of bad. However, if I find something that I need to know, such as a name, I dismiss it from my mind. (Hey, who was that blond that I dated who drove the blue mustang?)It may take an hour or two, but later, it will just explode into my thoughts. Interestingly, I can tell in advance if it is actually there to remember, and either i know that I will catch up with it sooner or later, or I know that I will never retrieve it.

Your subconscious mind is a miracle.

Page generated in 0.02499 seconds with 8 queries