View Single Post
Old May 9, 2013, 10:00 AM   #47
Doug S

This may be a bit off topic, but I think it has relevance. I haven't read the article that is the basis for this thread, but where I grew up the legal age limit for hunting was 12 years old, and most boys had rilfes and shotguns tucked into bedroom closets and bedroom gun racks/cabinets from that age on. Many or most of them had siblings around the house also. It was a non-issue, and no one that I knew ever got hurt, was injured by an intruder who figured out where the guns were located, nor did any of them ever behave negligent or criminally themselves. The only thing that seems to have changed in the years since IMO is the mentality of the country, and the maturity of its inhabitants. Not to mention a devaluing of human life, except for the lives of criminals who seem to be provided with every excuse and break, while law abiding citizens are subject to ever increasing legislation.
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles." Col. Jeff Cooper, from The Art of the Rifle

Page generated in 0.02497 seconds with 8 queries