View Single Post
Old February 27, 2013, 09:23 AM   #3
weblance

I have the Taurus PLY-22, A Beretta Bobcat, and numerous other pocket pistols. The Taurus PLY-22 is MUCH smaller than any of the 9mm pocket pistols. Its like the size of my fist with just a little bit of barrel sticking out. I like it better than my Beretta, holds an extra round, better sights, and is $100 cheaper. Better trigger also in Double Action. I cant compare it to the JetFire, but I will give my recommendation for its function, and reliability. It has loaded and ejected every round I have put thru it. Thats almost 2,000 rounds now. If I try to stage the DAO trigger, trying to get the best accuracy out of it, every once in a great while, it wont fire. I think maybe the tiny hammer doesnt get enough energy going to crush the rim enough. A second pull will always fire the cartridge. If I pull the trigger briskly, it fires every time. Its not a target pistol, and sometimes I try to make it one, and it wasnt designed for that. It is a great little pistol, and is reliable. Keep your round count in your head, because it doesnt lock open on an empty round, and dry firing the 10th round will cause a firing pin dent in the chamber. Shoot 9 rounds and stop. It does have a magazine disconnect, unlike the Beretta, but that is easily removed, if you choose to do so. The pinky extension on the magazine allows for a full grip, unlike the Beretta, where your pinky hangs free. I love the PLY-22 and think its a great little 22 pistol.

Page generated in 0.04625 seconds with 8 queries