View Single Post
Old April 12, 2011, 01:23 PM   #1
S_Constitutionist

I reported a MWAG and had some interesting thoughts after..

Story:

I was driving out of my apartment complex one evening (pretty nice part of town) as two young "thug-looking (pants hanging low, sideways red caps, baggy clothing)" males walked through the gate into the complex. Its how some people dress around here, so I would normally think nothing of it. As I passed however, I saw one of the kids lift up his shirt exposing a chrome plated pistol tucked into his boxers "mexican-carry" style, as he adjusted it in his waistband. He noticed that I had seen him do this and gave me a nervous yet menacing glare as I drove past. My right hand instinctively drifted down to my pistol as I drove away and I immediately called the police.

Now, I am a big OC rights guy and a huge proponent of legal CCW. At first I questioned whether or not he was a law abiding citizen and if so- should I call the police. Had be been carrying in a holster and/or not given me that "somethings not right" feeling, I probably wouldnt have called. But, here was the kicker: the kid looked all of about 15-16 years old, as well as his buddy.

You may or may not agree with me reporting it, but I think it was the right thing to do. Sometimes you just have to trust your instincts, and something seemed wrong. I'm sure dispatch thought I was a sheeple reporting a legal ccw, but I would have felt horrible had someone been harmed in my neighborhood and I didnt do anything. I was on my way to a meeting and never heard back from the police.

Afterwards:
My lady was in the vehicle with me and said that she thought the gun could have been a fake airsoft gun and they were trying to look cool. Afterall, the kids looked 15 or so. This brought me to a startling scenario that I have never considered. What if I ran into these punks while checking the mail and they decided that they wanted to "scare" me. When approached, my training kicks in and I demand they "STOP RIGHT THERE". They scoff at this and they continue to approach while while pulling up a t-shirt, exposing a pistol, and reaching for it. At this point, I am drawing and firing controlled pairs at COM.

When its all said and done... these kids had an airsoft gun, were trying to play a prank, and one is dead. Now, I would certainly be justified in my actions - a reasonable person would have done the same. I believe that anyone that stupid is going to have something bad happen to them eventually... but I shudder to think how the media and other groups would crucify me. Has anyone considered this? I know that I wouldnt be remorseful if I shot a rapist breaking into my house, but a stupid unarmed kid? I honestly feel like that would get to me...

What say you TFL?

Page generated in 0.02603 seconds with 8 queries