Thread: Rage heartache
View Single Post
Old October 21, 2009, 11:00 PM   #20
shortwave

Quote:
I gave him a half hour and climbed down...
Unless I can physically watch the deer expire from my stand, I don`t come out of stand for a good hour. Thats on a shot I know I put 'in the boiler room'. On a questionable shot, I wouldn`t start a trail for a good 3-4 hrs. I`ve never used Rage broadheads but have/do use Rocky Mountain 'Gators'. They`re two bladed, scissor style operated broadheads. Used to use Snuffers and Muzzies and I`ll say the wound channel/blood trail with these Gators is better than the fixed bladed broadheads. Couple of things you may want to do. Make sure your blades operate freely from the package and oil them with a bit of vegetable oil. Second, don`t know what kind of bow your using or weight/fps your shooting but is it possible your bows to fast and not giving the Rage`s a chance to open. Just thinking of some possibilies P.S. I think all bow hunter`s that have been at the game very long have had the experience of shooting a deer and not being able to find it. Thats a very bad feeling and if you ever get to the point it doesn`t bother you, please quit hunting. Sorry for your lose.

Page generated in 0.03359 seconds with 8 queries