View Single Post
Old February 28, 2009, 06:38 AM   #28
rwilson452

Just remember when your shooting for real your accuracy can drop off as much as half as accurate as at the range.

Quote:
If someone points a gun at me from 25 yards, I would not think it unjustified to shoot my own. I would certainly be in fear of my life or serious injury.

You only have to shoot a total of 12 rounds at that distance, 12 rounds at 7 and 26 at 3 yards. This is shooting at a pretty standard silhouette target with a fairly large target zone. [for some reason no pictures of these targets are to be found via google] This zone, which is most of the area of the silhouette outline, counts 2 points per hit, and the outer part of the silhouette counts 1. Misses are zero. A score of 80 is pretty easy...only two hits in the target zone required at the longer distance.

Reasonable requirement? Maybe, maybe not. Frankly, I would think anyone serious about taking up a firearm for self defense would make sure they can shoot it at least this well. At least anyone committed to carrying it around with them in public.

Page generated in 0.02509 seconds with 8 queries