View Single Post
Old July 31, 2005, 10:41 PM   #2
sm

Moleskin

Tips for Cheeks...wait that came out wrong...

-Dr. Scholl's Moleskin is what I have used forever.

In fact I keep a package in Range Bags, and it seems I have these packages everywhere. These work and last a L-o-n-g time. Works on shotguns, and rifles for better eye to sight/scope fit too.

--Pachmyer and Kick-Ez used to make a black stick-on Pad [ don't know if still do], good looking, and lasted a long time. I never bought these, I have used these. To me these are more sticky to face, no matter if hot or not. **

--LLBean, Orvis, Galco ...Used to have and here again I have not checked - a Leather pad that 1) laced at the botton, 2) doubled as a shell/ ctg holder, 3) new one had velcro instead of lace. Velcro is LOUD in the woods and if one needs to be stealthy. Also Velcro will grab and hold every sticker one gets near.

** Dry shaving Stick. I have two sticks left that are about 20+ yrs old . Made by Remington for use with Electric shavers. Applied to face the stock , no matter if wood, synthetic, or using Moleskin - anything - allows the face to slide and glide on mounting gun to face and recoil. I am hoping this or similar product is still availble.

Unlike Talc which can get blown into face, this dry stick is easy to apply, lasts a good while, and easily removed with soap and water.

**Moleskin is too darn handy to have in First Aid Kits ,vehicles, range bags - you name it. Great for blisters when hiking for instance, and when ever one gets all blistered up on hands. fingers when either shooting a lot at Gun Training, galavanting around in the woods and finds the briars, farms, ranches, just so many uses for so many things, very affordable and Can be used on Dogs afield too.

Use with lever action rifles protects them fingers/ knuckles as well. Apply to lever, fingers, knuckles or all .

HTH

Page generated in 0.03150 seconds with 8 queries