View Single Post
Old March 11, 2018, 01:57 PM   #15
fredvon4

Born in 55.... by age 13 or 14 I knew 18 was approaching. Sooner or later I had to go out on my own, get a job and support my life.... in the late 60s early 70s I knew very few food stamp or welfare people

It was not hard for parents and teachers to make the case "You need to know this stuff"
AND there were solid options for those of us who were never going to get into collage due to ambition and grades..... Wood shop, auto shop, etc or even military...draft or enlistment

POINT is, we all had a similar motivation to some day be self supportive ..with a JOB

I see, as we have more and more citizens ...several generations now... where the parents are near 100% supported, living a non poverty life, and in many cases no Father figure...

Very hard to convince a student he needs to study, do home work, attend, and Graduate to get a job....just too many examples in his or her life of grand parents and parents that never really needed to go to WORK every day.....
Roof, food, cell phones, TV, electricity, water, cigarettes, Booze, some weed

Our welfare system is VERY generous...most needs are met and a lot of WANTS are met

No this is not entirely a welfare state cause for all problems. BUT I believe it contributes greatly to our societal problems

Page generated in 0.02667 seconds with 8 queries