View Single Post
Old March 8, 2018, 08:56 PM   #1
Aguila Blanca
Staff

Why gun bans aren't the answer

Because guns aren't the problem.

[Note: I asked permission of the mods to post this, since it isn't directly gun-related. But IMHO it does relate to the issues currently being debated about how to protect our schools, and there are people out there who seem to consider attacks on schools as all being "gun violence." To them, then, the answer is to get rid of the guns.]

I think most of us on this forum agree that there is no simple solution. President Trump has proposed arming teachers and hardening the schools, proposals that were met with ridicule and derision by the anti-gun forces.

Really?

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/03/07...olice-say.html

Hard on the heels of the Parkland shooting, a high school student in Utah tried to take out a bunch of people in his high school. Did he use an AR-15? Nope. Maybe a Glock with "high-capacity" magazines? Nope.

He used a bomb in a backpack. Why do I think the anti-gun forces don't want the populace to know about this one, because it does two things:
  1. It puts the lie to their narrative that all violence is "gun violence."
  2. It suggests (rather strongly, IMHO) that Trump was right and that the nation needs to start looking at ways to harden schools.

The mods allowed me to post this if I promised not to make it political. Please address the issue and don't get the discussion closed by veering off into politics. This is about school safety and gun (or not gun) control.

Thank you.

Page generated in 0.02192 seconds with 8 queries