View Single Post
Old March 7, 2013, 11:52 PM   #4
barnbwt

How do you mean a high risk of firing the gun (assuming that depressing the bolt release won't result in a finger slipping onto the trigger )?

This question pertains to the top loading/ejecting M37 project I've been working on. There will be far different controls (thumb lever) so I'm asking more about mechanical functionality. Mainly if moving that little latch tab out of the way before releasing the striker will somehow result in the bolt releasing out of battery or too early when pressures are still high. I thought that perhaps the shock of recoil could "bounce" the slide back enough to unlock the bolt if it wasn't latched in some way (it seems like it would be akin to firing a semi-auto without a recoil spring).

If it matters or is an unknown, I will configure my safety to block the trigger when the bolt-release is engaged (safety and bolt-release are activated by the same lever in my new configuration). But since the original control setup allowed for this particular maneuver, I didn't want to disable it unless it was inherently unsafe.

Thanks for the advice!

TCB

Page generated in 0.02239 seconds with 8 queries