View Single Post
Old October 20, 2012, 06:22 PM   #16
insomni

Brand new M&P40 blew me away.

I was pretty bummed at the 500 round "hot deal" 1200fps 155gr .40 ammo I picked up a month or so ago for CHEEEAP. My FNP HATED them. My shotgroup was horrific. I'd say there were a bunch of fliers with these rounds, but that implies that there was a centralized group somewhere.

So when I headed to the range to test out my brand new M&P40, I brought some along, mainly because I figured I'd just have the brass reloaded. After I tried out some 165 &180gr rounds with great success, I loaded up some of the 155gr fireballs. My M&P loved them! The guy next to me dubbed them the ".40 Magnum" and thought I'd switched to my rifle. 150rounds later, I had several 30round fist-palm sized clusters from 10 and 15m. REaLLY impressed by the M&P's performance, though I think I'm gonna skip these rounds once they're done, and go with something around 1000fps, since the hot ones jack the slide back a bit hard, and don't allow for as quick follow up shot as the 1000-1100fps loads do. As far as the pistol goes: I'd tested it in 9mm a while back, and liked it. Bought it in .40, and its phenomenal ergonomics, really great recoil profile, good sights won out. I left the best range trip I've had in months beaming. And that is how on its first range trip, my M&P40 became my favorite pistol.

Well played Smith&Wesson

Last edited by insomni; October 20, 2012 at 08:46 PM.

Page generated in 0.03583 seconds with 8 queries