View Single Post
Old August 19, 2012, 12:50 AM   #25
DunRanull

Location: Southern Colorado, where a small working knowledge of southwestern Hispanic culture is considered polite.
Whew... some of the folks here speak heap big smoke. How many times have any here dropped a hammer on someone and dealt with the investigation, the prosecutor and possible lawsuits? Poppin someone even in your house with bad intent will generate a hell-storm in your life and that of your family, even with "Make my day" and "Castle doctrine". A BAD shoot- i.e. some friend, friend of your kids, someone drunk and entering the wrong house by mistake, or a drunk friend not thinking THAT has happened to me more than once, glad I didnt blow either of them away. My friends know what to expect and holler as they come to the door- if the dog doesnt out-shout them... A bad shoot will grab your life and turn it upside down. Apples and oranges perhaps.. look at what Mr Zimmerman is facing because of a good shoot that was turned bad by the media.
I have a dog and a Glock handy. The shotgun is between me and the door and has an empty chamber unless I am actively expecting trouble. Better that than the death of someone that didnt really need killing- that split-second of time to gauge the situation. YMMV!

Page generated in 0.02597 seconds with 8 queries