Thread: I need help
View Single Post
Old April 22, 2011, 12:34 PM   #24
BigJimP

To the OP ....

If you can't rent a Sig to fire it ...( my hunch is, if you're patient ---and see what some of the guys are shooting at the range ) you may see someone with a Sig at the range. Show some interest / and they might let you put a couple of rounds thru their gun ...( offer to buy them some ammo or a coke or something ...) ... But at the very least - talk to other gun owners / what did they buy, why, would they buy it again ...do they still like it ...or did they really want something else...

As to other guns to try - in my experience - every gun mfg has things that make them unique ...grip angles, sights, mag release, de-cocking levers, grip textures, how the trigger breaks, how it resets - some short, some long ...some at 10 lbs and some at 4.5 lbs ... so its hard to evaluate a Sig without shooting or at least holding a Sig ... but I would at least try and fire guns like the H&K USP or the P30 / as well as the Beretta PX4 ....they are similar in some respects --- and different in others ...

Shooting a stryker fired gun ....whether its a Glock, or whatever ...doesn't compare very well to a Sig in my opinon. I'm not trying to say a Glock is a bad gun ...its isn't ...but personally I think the Sig is a way better gun than a Glock - because of the controls, grip angle and trigger ...but it isn't about what I like / its about what fits your hands and what you like.

Page generated in 0.02496 seconds with 8 queries