View Single Post
Old September 24, 2006, 06:08 PM   #7
Wild Bill Bucks

I have 3 police officers for children, and guess who gets to do their loading?

Let me tell you how I save time.

When you get your loader you will have to set the dyes up for the caliber you are shooting. This is a little time consuming, but follow the instructions, and you won't have to do it again.

When you get your powder charger set up, you will have to meter the powder that you want to use. Again, if you read the instructions, and set it up right, you won't have to do it again.(Always double check to make sure it is metering powder charge right before loading)

If you want to polish your brass, your tumbler should be used, and this takes no time out of your day at all, since the tumbler does all the work.
I put mine on a timer so that it shuts off when I want it to, kind of like the RonCo "Set it, and Forget it" thing.

Once your brass is tumbled and deprimed, you will run them through your sizer dye. This can be done very fast(Around 200 to300 rounds per hour)

You will need to deburr them and reprime them. This step is where I take my deburring tool, and my priming tool, to the TV set, and I can do them there.
Now your shells are ready to charge, and seat the bullet, whenever you can get around to it. Keep your cleaned and primed brass in a zip lock bag until you are ready to load.

You don't have to get in a hurry this way, and it lets you load them when you have spare time. I can generally get 50 rounds loaded before Mrs.WWB is getting ready for church.

If you change calibers, you will have to reset everything, but if one caliber is all you are loading, you will be amazed at how fast it goes, once you get started. This will not really save you a lot of money if you like to shoot, but it will give you a lot more shooting for the buck. I can shoot my .44 magnum about 3 times for the same amount of money it takes to shoot factory stuff.

Page generated in 0.02816 seconds with 8 queries