Thread: TITEGROUP® ???
View Single Post
Old March 3, 2000, 05:00 PM   #4
jtduncan

tonyz:

I've been using TG behind 9mm and 45 ACP bullets for 9 months now and love the stuff.

I have spent about two hours on the phone with Mike Daly at Hodgdon finding out what their opinions are and what loads they have shot TiteGroup with and these are Hodgdon's technical support folks.

TiteGroup is faster than W231 and about the same speed as Bullseye. But clean and low flash.

My receipes:

4.5 grains of Titegroup behind a 115 grain round nose 9mm bullet set to 1.13-1.15" OAL. Good accuracy and reliable. 2" groups out to 50 feet.

4.2-4.3 grains of Titegroup behind a 124 grain round nose 9mm bullet. CCV from GlockTalk swears by this load. i just bought a case of 124 Rainier copper-plated bullets so we'll see.

For short barrelled guns with short slides, like a Glock 26 try 4.2 grains of Titegroup behind a 115 grain round nose 9mm bullet is a soft recoiling accurate round. Folks who have shot this load while shooting plates yesterday loved it. Minimal recoil and flash, and accurate. My friends with the Beretta 92 Centurion and Glock 34 (long slide), loved it when they shot it.

For 45 ACP, try 4.5 grains of Titegroup behind a 230 grain round nose 9mm bullet set to 1.26" OAL. Great load with better accuacy than the 9mm through a Glock 30.

For a lighter load, try 4.2 or 4.3 grains of Titegroup. Just one ragged hole out to 60 feet!

If anybody knows some TiteGroup loads for 200 grain round nose bullets, let me know! I just bought half a case of the 200s.

Off to the range in 2 hours!!!!!

------------------
The Seattle SharpShooter

Page generated in 0.05729 seconds with 8 queries