View Single Post
Old July 13, 2004, 04:30 PM   #14
FirstFreedom

Oops, USPSA; sorry. Why would I learn the details of such a joke that uses silly Buck Rogers holsters?

Well, the fact remains that logic dictates that you would choose the one that is the most realistic of the two, whether it's 98% realistic or 2%, as long as it's the more realistic of the two (i.e. if the other one is 1%), *if* you're serious about self-defense. A lot like choosing a president this year. (I guess GSSF is the green party candidate). No one's been able to refute that, nor will anyone be able to. Everything else is a complete red herring. You talk a lot but say very little, number 6.
Quote:
spare us the lectures on how "tactical and practical" you are
In fact, I'm confused; show me again where I said anything remotely resembling anything of the sort. You need a lesson in logic 101, and the fallacy of the straw man.

Jeeper:

Quote:
I think the reason that your logic is so completely flawed is that you think drawing from a certain holster or other gear means that you cant draw from anything else
No, that's not it at all. I didn't say that; and it is your logic that is flawed; not mine. I didn't say that you *can't* draw from anything else. I said that when your life is on the line, it's certainly possible, and quite likely in fact, that if you don't draw from the exact same holster you've trained with, it will take you a half second longer, give or take a few fractions of a second, and that could well nigh be the difference between life and death. The fact is, as long as you're spending all this time on a training game, why not choose the one that is likely to be most helpful, even if only a scrunthair more likely? It so happens that IDPA is significantly more likely to help when the muscle memory nut-cuttin comes down in an adrenaline rush, and you fumble with your carry draw, because it's not like your Han Solo rig. And the duty to retreat is a red herring, because obviously in real life, you can and will retreat if you can, but the scenarios are if someone or someones are hellbent on killing you, and what do you do then?

Jim Watson:

Quote:
am sure he got IDPA going because he saw the P for Practical fading out of IPSC. If IPSC/USPSA had put in the stock gun classes and some carry holster requirements ten years earlier, there might not BE an IDPA because there could have been room for everybody in IPSC. But the then USPSA and IPSC management made the choice to totally favor the "gamesmen" over the "martial artists" and the split was done.
Exactly. All supports my conclusion (and Bill Wilson's, and...). Thank you.

Page generated in 0.02528 seconds with 8 queries