View Single Post
Old February 14, 2006, 11:47 AM   #17
Remington kid

Wayner, "Sometimes things aren't as they seem to be." well said.
If your balls are sliding forward then you are asking for problems to accrue. It would be a good idea to move up a little in the size of the ball.
There are many variables but I happen to believe that the hype of lube over the ball or wet wads that contaminate the powder as a product of fear developed over years by exaggeration on the part of a few who have had chain fires caused by stupidity or carelessness on the part of the shooter.
Don't get me wrong here... I agree with what your saying as far as shi44 happens and can happen with these revolvers but keep this in mind.
Some people believe that chain fires don't come from the front of the cylinder but from the back from loose of fallen off caps....They could be right and if they are then all the lube over the ball in the world wont stop a chain fire.
If that's the case or even possible (I believe it is) then your playing Russian Roulette every time you fire your cap and ball Revolver.
Nothing wrong with sticking with lube however you use it but I will continue to try this until there is a problem one way or the other. I'll let you know if it happens that I do have a chain fire but then how do we know what end it came from and what caused it? Mike

Page generated in 0.02027 seconds with 8 queries