View Single Post
Old March 25, 2005, 05:45 AM   #23
EricO

Unfortunately, I've never taken (I plan on changing this) any hands-on weapon retention training, but based upon the exposure to the subject that I've had, I would likely prefer the Lindell system of retention, or perhaps a simplified version based upon it. Material from Habermehl, Caracci, and Ayoob typically show the first response is to clap the strong hand directly atop of either the handgun's grip or the attackers hand, with the the support coming across and providing more strength to that grip, pressing down and back into the holster. They all seem to stress that having only one hand on the gun and attempting to strike is not the thing to do.

Apparently, another thing in vogue with "snatchers" is attempting to rip the entire holster itself (with holstered handgun) off of the belt, achieved by coming down with all one's weight between the holster and belt. The method of holster attachment to the belt becomes very important at that moment, one would expect. Stitches ripping, plastic breaking, etc. Another reason to update ones equipment should it be old and broken down.

If I can recall the Lindell system relies upon leverage, not brute strength, and utilizes trapping, positioning, and leverage. Habermehl and Caracci's training tapes both mentioned to trap and then drop your center of gravity, bringing the attacker off balance and not as able to utilize his strength. The concept of the outer part of a circle turns faster than the center is used also, i.e., trap the attackers hand/s, then turn a quick and violent small circle, which should prove difficult for anyone to hang on.

C'mon, I believe there was someone on this forum in the past that was Lindell trained. Anyone here to enlighten us as to the advantages of the system.

EricO

Last edited by EricO; March 25, 2005 at 06:19 AM.

Page generated in 0.02574 seconds with 8 queries