Thread: Shooting Groups
View Single Post
Old January 16, 2019, 04:34 PM   #31
RC20

Quote:
For me, shooting groups is great when you’re testing a new rifle and/or testing different ammo. Beyond that, I find it useless. It doesn’t bring home the dinner or the trophy. Holding a rifle still is only a small part of shooting. A fun part... but only a part.
You can't do the rest until you shoot good groups. I can dial it over to dead center but all that tells me is I know how to move dials the right direction.

I don't hunt anymore. Good groups are my fun.

100 yard range at least in the winter. May move to using the 300 meter for warmer weather shooting.

I don't ever expect to do the 1000 for other than interest once in a long while likely.

So, each his own, one guys fun is not another perons (seeing more women shooting) fun and or interest.

I don't hack on the hunter, I know what they are after, they like to see what I do as its interesting to shoot small groups but its no in their wheelhouse to try to match it (nor do I do anything other than tell them what I do and what they do are worlds apart). You guys don't have nice targets on your animals and you don't have a bench and you sure don't want to lug my bull barrel around.

If its a nice 1.5 inch group and centered and (X inches high) at 100 I tell them that is just fine. That is real world hunting, what I do is playing (and enjoy it)

But the basics still are there, good trigger control gets good results.

You can add in the wind and all that if you go out that far it affects what you are trying to achieve.

Page generated in 0.03235 seconds with 8 queries