View Single Post
Old April 8, 2018, 06:58 PM   #10
WVsig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangerrich99 View Post
Thanks for the video. Makes we wish I had some of those polymer pop-up targets.

I thought it was interesting how each Rob chose to engage their targets in the second scenario. Rob L. chose to put several more yards between himself and the targets, while Rob P. chose to stay pretty close to them. I can see the advantages to both decisions; Rob P. moved quickly in a lateral motion, but every target was no farther than about 10 yards, which allowed him to put rounds on target very quickly. On the last target he probably was point shooting it was so close. The compromise is that by being so close to his adversaries, it makes it potentially that much easier for them to put holes in him.

Rob L. OTOH, chose to almost immediately put nearly twice the original distance between himself and the BGs, which would make him a harder target for any gun-wielding BGs. Consequently his shots were a little slower than his first run. Of course, he's Rob Leatham, so I'm sure all of his shots were in the A box in spite of the increased distances. But if my experiences at my local shooting ranges are any meter, most BGs would have a much harder time scoring hits on a rapidly moving Rob L. beyond 10-15 yards.

It would be interesting to hear what each had to say about their choices concerning distance to targets. So far in my training I've been taught to try to put more distance between myself and the BGs in drills. Partly to make it harder for the BG(s) to get hits on me, but also because we're usually supposed to be heading for cover/concealment.
The whole Worlds Collide series is really good. There is a lot of cross over from the "defense shooting" and "gun games" world but the approach to the problem that has to be solved is very different.

Page generated in 0.03529 seconds with 8 queries