View Single Post
Old February 27, 2013, 04:45 PM   #80
Departed402

I would say Hardworker hit the nail on the head in post #64. For the vast majority of people out there “first responders” are the people who drive the vehicles with the lights and sirens, and that won't change.

The importance of the “war of words” cannot be understated, but why try to change the interpretation of “first responder” when terms like “assault weapons” and “gun show loophole” do so much more to harm us all. Taking a minute to actually explain the misnomers used by the gun control advocates, and explaining why it is important to be able to protect yourself will get more people on our side. I will add that I am an LEO, and yes I said our side. I’m not sure if some of you have seen too much of Mayor Bloomberg and President Obama saying that Police Chiefs and LEOs everywhere want stricter gun laws, but I assure there are plenty of LEOs on the pro-gun rights side of this issue too. Utah Sheriffs recently got a lot of attention for their stand on the issue, and I know there are more that share their view.

In closing, I apologize for the LEOs out there that puts their ass-hats on, and try belittle their fellow citizens.

Last edited by Evan Thomas; February 27, 2013 at 05:13 PM. Reason: removed irrelevant political reference.

Page generated in 0.03426 seconds with 8 queries