View Single Post
Old May 31, 2019, 09:14 PM   #7
dwwhite

Depends on your budget and an HONEST assessment of your potential usage...

For a range/hunting gun, you can’t do much better than Burris Zee rings with the plastic inserts. They’ll align themselves to your scope and won’t mar the tube. For $50 there is NO better bargain. If I’m not mistaken, these are used by a lot of sling shooters in the optical sights class. Those guys wouldn’t use them if they didn’t work, but they are not especially hard on equipment.

For heavier usage, like if you’ll ever shoot a PRS match or if the rifle is going to ride around in the back seat of your truck, you won’t go wrong with the NF rings, or for about the same money, try a pair from American Rifle Co. I’ve got a set of the ARC’s on my tube gun and they’re awesome. I got mine for half price years ago, but either of these will set you back around $150-$180.
That’s high, until you consider you’re using them to mate a thousand dollar precision mechanical instrument with a thousand dollar precision optical instrument.

Now if you want to get into the vertical part of the price x quality curve, drop $500 on a Sphur mount and forget all the rest. A little spendy for me, but they say once you buy one, you’ll never go back.

Last edited by dwwhite; May 31, 2019 at 09:19 PM.

Page generated in 0.03734 seconds with 8 queries