View Single Post
Old May 4, 2010, 07:37 PM   #23
James R. Burke

Just about every thing I have. I reload so I am always trying something out, which keeps leading into other things. Lately I been playing around with the 06. When I first got it I made up my deer round a 165 grain Nosler Partition, then I got some Hornady 110 V-Max and gave them a try. I reallyliked them so I got some more and got more serious. Now I got 200 Laupa case's, and 250 Barnes 165 grain solids. I dont even know why just figured they would be nice to have, so has soon as I get a few powders picked out I guess I will start working that up. I will say for not having this rifle very long I been really pleased with the Nosler 165 grain Partition's for whitetail. I had it for three years and have taken three nice buck's, and let a few walk either to small or could not get the placement in time. The last one on the scale went I believe 186. All I could see was him looking at me from the neck up at about 200 yards. Shot him in the base of the neck. Went down so fast almost missed it. Real big deer, but not the biggest rack for a eight pointer. Nice but nothing to brag about except the size of the body. That was a real long shot for around here most are under 100 yards. Guess I would rather have good luck then no luck.

Last edited by James R. Burke; May 4, 2010 at 07:39 PM. Reason: Add:

Page generated in 0.03284 seconds with 8 queries