View Single Post
Old February 12, 2014, 07:59 PM   #80
Frank Ettin
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snyper
Quote:
Forget taking a class; you've never even tried position Sul, let alone practiced it. All you've showed here is the importance of not forming strong opinions on subjects you know nothing about.
LOL Don't assume you know what I've done...
He wasn't assuming what you've done or haven't done. You stated in post 16 that you've never trained with SUL:
Quote:
...You're right though, I haven't had "training" with Sul...
Quote:
Quote:
I wouldn't call it an assumption, I'd call it an educated guess: It's fairly clear from what you've written here that you've never practiced the correct Sul position, otherwise you wouldn't be writing stuff like this:
Which of those things I stated aren't factual?
It's not a question of "factual." It's a question of the inferences you have drawn.

You have observed certain attributes of the position; and, without having trained with the position, you have reached and stated your conclusions that the position is unsuitable for its intended purposes and you have called the position a (post 51):
Quote:
...the latest "tacticool" gimmick that says "Look at me"...
On the other hand, what is factual is that for close to 20 years many people have been training with and using the position finding it to be useful in real life in the real world. It has been tried and tested and found by many to be worthwhile.

That is a fact. And an inference which may be drawn from that fact is that people who have tried, tested, trained with and used the position have concluded that it serves a purpose -- in contrast to your conclusion, without having trained with the position, that it does not.
"It is long been a principle of ours that one is no more armed because he has possession of a firearm than he is a musician because he owns a piano. There is no point in having a gun if you are not capable of using it skillfully." -- Jeff Cooper

Page generated in 0.02638 seconds with 8 queries