View Single Post
Old February 10, 2000, 04:17 PM   #1
CleanCut

Hello. I'm a prospective varmint hunter and was looking at photographs of varment hunters on a website. Great footage. Love those rifles. Looks good when someone on a farm displays a mound of pests eradicated. Nevertheless, when looking at the pictures, I couldn't help but feel sympathy for coyotes. My goodness, coyotes look like somebody's dog! Why on earth would anyone take that poor animals life just for the sake of enjoying target practice? I can understand the need to prune out troublemakers damaging farms and livestock, but is it justified to go out to some barren desert and pick on coyotes who are just surviving, lucky to get a scrap of food? What do varminters do with a coyote after the photo op, throw them in a trash can? I don't have a problem with hunting deer and elk. It's all edible. Rabbit stew's great. Ground chucks and other varmints are a farmer's pest. But coyotee's? Somebody please explain to me why it's justifiable to hunt coyotes for just sport when they aren't bothering anyone. I'm not talking about protecting farms and chickens.

Page generated in 0.03855 seconds with 8 queries