View Single Post
Old July 24, 2022, 02:40 AM   #13
HiBC

I just don't put myself in that position.
Was a time when financial difficulties had me down to my 5 inch 44 Magnum Ruger Super Black Hawk.
Not by any stretch am I going to tell you that is an ultimate ,or even a good, SD handgun. Its not. But when it was my only gun and we had wheel weights by the 5 gal bucket,
I may have been a little slower than Matt Dillon or Paladin, but a draw ,fire,and hit a watermelon at 15 feet quicker than one second is an honest claim. A quick hit with a 44 Mag makes mag capacity not such a big deal.
I practicd hundreds,likely thousands of rounds hitting a 10 inch steel dinger every time at 50 yds,as fast as I could thumb the wheel.

Supported? 100 yds? Someplace between 6 and 8 inches. Those are not ridiculous claims. Plenty of other folks here can match or beat them.

Cast bullets and straight wall cases make handoading ammo easy. Brass does not get lost and it loads 12? 15? 20? times?

I killed an elk with it. It always worked. I know,talk is cheap,but I like to think if it was all I had and I was faced with Uvalde, I might fail. I might get killed. But my .44 would be enough gun . First hit counts the most.

The other thing is the SBH is just fun to shoot.

All that said, my Shield Plus is great for being able to have it on me. What else matters? First rule of gunfighting "Have a Gun"

I've found a holster/carry method that works for me.

With my Milt Sparks Summer Special and my 1911, I'm armed.

These days? Life being what it is,probably the Shield Plus.`

Page generated in 0.03211 seconds with 8 queries