View Single Post
Old December 28, 2017, 12:27 AM   #12
LogicMan

Quote:
The issue is not competition to American companies. We import competitors of everything else.

The issue is very simple. Gun rights are not a priority of the GOP establishment. That's all there is to it. In fact, in private they probably oppose expansion of gun rights as guns in the hands of the masses are a challenge to the money stuffed elites. Such social issues are used as bait and switch for voters.

If comprehensive gun rights legislation was passed, the issue would be lost as a fund raising bogey man.

Tin foil on my part - perhaps. But listened to the leadership talk about priorities - they never mention gun legislation.
I don't believe gun rights have ever been a priority of the establishment GOP. I am talking about why wasn't this issue a priority of the major gun rights organizations such as the NRA. I would have to disagree though that major gun rights legislation would take away the bogeyman, because all that would need be done is claim that if the Democrats take over, then they will undo such legislative achievements. Same as is said about how Democratic appointees to the Supreme Court would reverse Heller and McDonald.

Page generated in 0.02860 seconds with 8 queries