Thread: 10mm longslides
View Single Post
Old May 24, 2013, 03:18 PM   #9
Darker Loaf

Burned on a EAA "Match" Witness

I bought a 10mm EAA Match Witness for self-defense and as a bonus, it came with a 6" extra barrel for hunting. However, it would not reliably cycle, with stove pipes and FTE being a 2-4 round affair per magazine. I called EAA, told them about my problems, and even paid to have the gun sent into them. They (as some other manufactures have done to me) told me the gun was fine, and sent the gun back to me, still malfunctioning.

Rather than waste more money and time on a gun that fires expensive ammo, I sold it and moved on. What I have come to realize is that I may not have tried enough types of 10mm ammunition, but really, a gun, unless a race gun or specifically tuned to do one thing or another, should run on crappy ammunition.

So, I'm not recommending EAA for anything, though I might not have given them a full college try or simply was just unlucky.

I really wanted (and still want) a 10mm. I just wish I'd bought a Glock 20 instead, and it might have stayed in my collection instead of being sold...

Page generated in 0.03687 seconds with 8 queries